Amusement Park Injury in Houston?

Houston Amusement Park Accident Lawyer

If you have been hurt while on a rollercoaster or have been hurt for any other reason at a park or fairground, you should call a Houston amusement park accident lawyer. Talking with an amusement park injury attorney can make it possible to learn more about the types of compensation that you are entitled to, how long you have to pursue your case as well as whether you should choose to settle or go to trial.

Should I Settle My Case or Go to Trial?

There is no easy answer when it comes to whether you should settle or go to trial to resolve your case. However, your amusement park accident attorney will work with you to help make a decision that is in your best interest. It is important to point out that you are 100 percent in control throughout the entire process.

If you want to settle, your Houston personal injury attorney will work on a settlement agreement even if you may be leaving money on the table. We want you to feel good about your legal representation and feel good about the outcome of your case as it is the first step toward both your physical and mental recovery.

However, it is always in your best interest to talk with an attorney before you decide to accept a settlement. The insurance companies and other interested parties may pressure you to take less than what you may be owed before you are ready to make such a decision. While the offer you receive may be fair, there is no way to know unless you have someone with knowledge of personal injury cases take a look at it first.

Who Is Liable for Damages Owed?

One of the most important questions that your amusement park injury attorney in Houston will work with you to answer is who is responsible for your injuries. If you were hurt on a ride, either the person responsible for operating it or the party responsible for maintaining it could be held liable. In some cases, it may be both parties assuming that they both acted in a negligent manner.

The amusement park itself may be liable for your injuries if it didn’t take steps to properly train or oversee its staff. This may mean that a ride operator was allowed to come to work while impaired or wasn’t properly trained to do his or her job. It may also mean that the rides themselves weren’t maintained properly.

You may be able to bolster your case by finding records of previous injuries attributed to a ride or the amusement park itself where you were hurt. Your attorney will comb through maintenance records and other physical evidence available to show that you were not at fault for your injuries and that negligence was a factor in your accident.

How Much Can I Get From a Settlement or Jury Award?

The amount that you can receive from a settlement depends on a number of factors. For instance, if you are unable to go to work after your injuries, you may be entitled to lost wages and lost future earnings. Those amounts will be based on what you make now and what you could have made in the future based on a number of variables such as your chances of getting a promotion or how many years you would have worked.

You may also be entitled to medical bills incurred because you were hurt in an amusement park. The amount that you are entitled to could very well be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars or millions of dollars depending on what you needed to get better. Those who have insurance may also have many of their costs covered or be charged less for services simply because they have insurance.

It is also possible that you will be given punitive damages on top of your actual damages. In theory, there is no limit to what a jury may award, but a judge may reduce that amount depending on relevant factors in your case. All told, you could receive a few thousand dollars if your injuries and other costs are minor or millions of dollars if the injury alters your way of life significantly.

Speak to a Houston Amusement Park Accident Attorney Today

If you have been hurt at an amusement park, you deserve to be compensated for both physical and mental anguish that you may suffer from. After you have seen a doctor, your next move should be to contact The Doan Law Firm at 1 Riverway, Suite 2500 Houston, Texas 77056. You may also call if you prefer to speak to us by phone at (800) 349-0000.

Contact Us
Request Your Free Consultation and Our Lawyer Will Contact You Within 1 Hour

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

* Required Field